VEGAN MEXICAN LASAGNA
You can’t find a simpler Mexican recipe than Vegan Mexican Lasagna. This is so easy, made vegan or not, and a major crowd pleaser. I haven’t found anyone who doesn’t love it.
We had some ripe avocado that was threatening to die, mashed that up with a can of black beans and some organic taco seasoning and voila! Filling.
We layered our filling on teff wraps to make it gluten free. We’ve tried using rice wraps and am not a fan, but use what you love. We added daiya cheddar and pepperjack cheese. Slathered it in organic enchilada sauce, more toppings, some garnish and bake.
Let me tell you about how interchangeable the ingredients can be.
You can make this paleo with cauliflower tortillas. It doesn’t have to be vegan, add taco meat!
Incorporate left over rice in the filling to get rid of some pesky leftovers.
NOTE: Start this off on parchment paper with a little enchilada sauce on the under your first wrap to prevent sticking!
Vegan Mexican Lasagna
- 9 x 13 lasagna pan
- large bowl
- food processor or potato masher
- 1 pkg - 6 teff wraps
- 1 pkg - enchilada sauce
- 1 pkg - vegan cheddar
- 2 avocados
- 1 can - 14 oz black beans
- ½ pkg - taco sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350. Line a baking sheet or lasagna pan with parchment. Pour 1 Tbsp of enchilada sauce on the parchment, swirl around with a spoon to cover your wrap area and add 1 wrap over it.
- Add ⅕ your toppings of choice to each wrap, sprinkle cheese and layer it up, starting with your base layer and leaving one wrap for a cover.
- Place the last wrap on the top, cover with enchilada sauce, more cheese, chives, cilantro, if you love it.
- Bake 350 for 30 min