Gluten free, yeast free, no sugar, egg free, corn free, dairy free, vegan…OMG what’s not to love about this recipe?
Perfect with soup, this soda bread has the texture of corn bread and none of the allergens. It’s fast, easy and full of flavour!
ROSEMARY CHICKPEA SODA BREAD
Like cornbread, but without the corn! The texture of this bread has a medium weight and pairs with soup perfectly. The rosemary gives it a hearty flavour which compliments the natural salt content of a soda bread. This bread has all the things you want and none of the things you don’t.
In addition, to being gluten free and vegan, it’s yeast free, which makes a huge difference when the stores are all sold out of yeast!
Free of allergens
- gluten free
- dairy free
- egg free
- corn free
- yeast free
- sugar free
- fast & easy
We could go on about this recipe, but it’s fast, easy and let’s just get on to making it.
Rosemary Chickpea Soda Bread
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup bread flour blend
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ black pepper
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ¼ cup soda water
- Step 1 Preheat oven and skillet to 350 F
- Step 2 Whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Step 3 Add oil and whisk
- Step 4 Slowly whisk in soda water, it will be bubbly!
- Step 5 Carefully remove hot skillet from oven, oil to prevent sticking. Season with rosemary, pour batter into skillet, add more rosemary.
- Step 6 Bake 30 minutes at 350 F.
- Step 7 Cool for 5-10 minutes before serving and enjoy!