Mango Ginger Granola
Crunchy, spicy and sweetened with honey, Mango Ginger Granola is the current granola indulgence.
My blender broke, we were blending hot things in it and said not to. We broke it, so I am waiting for a replacement blade to arrive in by fed ex.
I had frozen mango that had defrosted while traveling in the fridge to use up, that set the tone for what style it was going to be. All the extra mango juice was sticky and sweet, so perfect to add into a granola mix.
We used honey and organic cane sugar as our sweeteners. Sorry vegan subscribers, I like honey; I like bees too.
It’s a simple thing granola, but it’s so easy to make it not work. It’s got to be sticky so you have groups up and gets crunchy when baked.
Granola requires a little bit of fat to make the mix not dry out too much while baking and we used coconut oil for that.
I have one issue with granola, its such a tasty and simple snack! It literally barely makes it off the cookie sheet cooled. My family (maybe me too) walks past it, grazing on hot granola, ouching when they burn their mouths. Which, by the way, is not a deterrent. It gets snacked on and doesn’t last. Truly, I am glad they love it!
As an aside, I am regretting not snapping a photo while I was making the granola. The top of my Himalayan pink salt grinder fell off over the bowl and spilled pink salt crystals around the outside of the bowl. I picked it all out and separated the salt from oat flakes and continued on. However, that would have been an amazing picture for my baking fails page! I’m sorry I forgot to document my mess!
Mango Ginger Granola
- cookie sheet
- large spoon
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- large bowl
- 1 ½ cup quick oats, gluten free
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats, gluten free
- ½ cup coconut flakes, raw
- 1 cup mango pieces, defrosted with juice
- 2 tsp ginger, ground
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup organic cane sugar
- ¾ cup honey,
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, extra virgin
- Preheat oven to 300 F
- Add all ingredients, except sugar honey and oil into a large bowlStir to combine
- Mix oil into large bowl and combine thoroughlyMix sugar into bowl and pour honey evenly into large bowl and combine thoroughly
- Pour granola onto cookie sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake 20 minutes, stir, bake 10 minutes, stir, bake 10 minutes, stir,
- Granola is finished when evenly pale to golden brown and sticking together in groups
- Cool completely and store in fridge (just in case the mango didn't dehydrate fully in oven)