Eggnog Cookies – gf, vegan
Eggnog, but sweeter and in a cookie, totally gluten free and vegan. Eggnog Cookies are a subtle shining star in our cookie line up.
Another super fast and easy recipe that bring a new flavour to your cookie repertoire or can use up some left over eggnog and make delicious cookies.
Using our sweet baking flour blend, eggnog cookies start like all cookies, creaming butter and sugar. Add eggnog and extra nutmeg and these are a dream of a cookie.
I found these more than 5 years ago and like most of my cookies have evolved to be vegan. Luckily, I found a coconut based eggnog that fits the flavour profile and allows me to continue to make this well loved eggnog cookie.
When I ask my family which cookies I should make his year I get one reply:
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- large bowl
- cookie sheet
- hand mixer
- ¾ cup vegan baking sticks (butter)
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup vegan eggnog
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup aquafaba
- 1 ½ tsp psyllium husks
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp guar gum
- Preheat oven to 300 ° FLine a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Add aquafaba to a small bowl, whisk in psyllium husks and se aside to set up
- Cream butter
- Gradually add sugar and continue to whip.
- Add eggnog, egg replacer (aquafaba and psyllium husks) and mix thoroughly
- Add flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, guar gum, and baking powder.
- Mix until just blended, do no over mix.
- Drop from a spoon, onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.