Chocolate Ganache Brownies
Crispy on the outside and chewy in the centre, Chocolate Ganache Brownies are packed with rich chocolate flavour.
Chocolate Ganache Brownies are another recipe I have been making since we used to run our catering company. They sat alongside our luscious lemon shortbread bars on lunch caterings and were an overwhelming favourite.
I am now renaming them chocolate ganache brownies and swapping them into a vegan and gluten free recipe. Start with our sweet gluten free flour blend and high quality allergen free chocolate. Whatever chocolate you choose will be the main flavour of your brownies. I used the Enjoy Life dark chocolate morsels. The dark flavour of the chocolate carried through.
Our old recipe calls for butter to make melted chocolate, I am using coconut milk to melt the chocolate in. You cannot taste coconut in the final brownies and this recipe needed a creamy fat to melt our chocolate in. Chocolate likes to separate in cheap fats. Chocolate also likes to seize when the fats mix with water or heat that is too high.
For this reason I made a video. I heat the milk til bubbles just start to form on the edge, add the chocolate and keep stirring, once the chocolate just begins to melt, I turn off the heat. A good ganache will be shiny so as soon as it begins to look smooth and shine, put it in a glass bowl and cool in the fridge.
After that the brownie-making process is straight forward. We subbed out the eggs for aquafaba and I likely could have whipped them more when I added the sugar, be sure you can see air bubbles in your aquafaba and sugar mix before you add the ganache. Once you add it, mix until it is shiny, add vanilla, salt and sift in your flour and cocoa powder. Again, use good quality cocoa powder, you can taste the difference.
Chocolate Ganache Brownies
- sauce pan
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- ⅔ cup coconut milk, full fat
- 225 g dark chocolate, allergen free
Rest of ingredients
- ⅓ cup aquafaba, whipped
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- ¾ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup sweet gluten free flour blend, our recipe, sifted
- ½ cup organic cocoa, sifted
- Grease a square pan and preheat oven to 350F
- Heat coconut milk in a sauce pan, until bubbles begin to form at the edges
- Add chocolate and stir, as chocolate begins to melt, turn off the heat.
- Be careful not to add water or direct heat to chocolate or it will seize.
- Continue to stir until chocolate is fully melted.Move to a glass bowl and cool in fridge briefly while you begin making brownies.
- Whip aquafaba until frothy and you can clearly see more volume and air in the aquafaba.
- Gradually add sugar, while whipping to keep the air in the mixture.
- Mixing on low, add ganache, stirring in then, add vanilla and salt to the mixture and mix until shiny.
- Gradually sift in flour and cocoa. Once fully combined, move into prepared square pan, smooth flat
- Bake in oven for 35-45 minutes. Test doneness with a cake tester.
- Cool before slicing. Serve with powdered sugar