Blueberry Sweet Pecan Muffins
Imagine a blueberry pancake you can fit in your pocket. This sultry little muffin uses our sweet pecan recipe, no refined sugar and maple syrup to bring out the natural blueberry goodness. The perfect pairing for a sweet summer snack.
It’s fresh blueberry season! Making the most of the fresh blueberries, I am baking our blueberry scones, blueberry pancakes , blueberry bubbly, triple berry galette and we made a new blueberry pecan muffin.
Blueberries are a taste that has grown on me from being close to where they grow; like all fruit they are better when ripe and fresh from the farm.
Some of the best recipes are created by adding blueberries to them. This blueberry pecan muffin is made spectacular by adding our sweet pecans to it.
Maple syrup ties them all together and makes this recipe remind me of pancakes you can take with you.
We use our sweet gluten free flour blend and the psyllium husk egg replacer. We also sweetened with maple syrup and coconut sugar, add more if you need to. The blueberry pecan muffins recipe isn’t designed to be super sweet.
When I buy a case of blueberries from the farm, I end up freezing many of them for later and in the dreary months of the winter, I am grateful to find some tasty reminders of the summer in my freezer.
The best freezing method I have found for blueberries is to wash them in batches only big enough to freeze. Dry them as much as you can. Lay them out on a parchment lined cookie sheet in one flat layer. Lay them flat in the freezer until frozen. Then use the parchment like a funnel to scoot them into a freezer bag. Try to get as much air out of the bag as possible, they will last longer this way. Air causes freezer burn, so vacuum packers are perfect for this.
Blueberry Pecan Muffins
- large bowl
- measuring spoons
- muffin tins
- measuring cups
- 2 cups sweet gluten free flour blend, our recipe
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp guar gum, https://amzn.to/34Jebm0
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 egg replacer, 1 tsp psyllium husk & ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ⅔ cup vanilla oat milk/plant milk
Stir in last
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup sweet pecans, broken up our recipe
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 F or 375 on convection bake.Prepare muffin tins with liners or grease them.Break the sweet pecans in half or in thirds.Prepare the egg replacer and whisk to combine.Add lemon juice to plant milk to 'curdle'
Combine dry ingredients.
- Add sweet gluten free flour blend, flax meal, guar gum baking powder, and salt to a large bowl and whisk to remove lumps
Combine wet ingredients
- Measure sugar, 'curdled' milk, egg replacer and olive oil into a smaller bowl and whisk to combine
Combine & Stir
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir together with a spatula.Add blueberries, maple syrup and Sweet pecans and stir to evenly distribute.
- Portion with an ice cream disher into prepared muffin tins.Bake in oven @ 375 F for convection or 400 F for regular oven.Test for doneness at 20-25 minutes by pressing down on them. They should spring back.